How is the ASTA curriculum different from other CLE offerings?
AAJ is the only nationally accredited CLE provider tailored to plaintiff attorneys, and this makes ASTA unparalleled among legal curricula. This comprehensive curriculum encompasses the skills and experience deemed by The National College of Advocacy and AAJ to be essential to a well-rounded legal training and a successful trial practice. Participants manage their own training agenda by combining selected trial skills courses with specialized substantive courses. To learn more about AAJ’s Achievement Recognition Program and how you can achieve Advocate, Fellow or Diplomate status, please click here.
By completing the ASTA curriculum, you will gain trial skills and core knowledge that enhance your ability to achieve a positive result for your clients. ASTA status also provides you with national networking and client development opportunities.
How do I develop my professional education training plan?
ASTA is a flexible program that allows you to choose your courses based on your areas of practice.
Course requirements are considered fulfilled upon completion and submission of certificates of attendance at specified seminars, colleges, and conventions.
What programs comprise the ASTA curriculum?
Required: This enables you to tailor your course study to best serve your clients.
- AAJ's Ultimate Trial Advocacy Course: Art of Persuasion
- Convention (one)
- Case Plus Program
- Case Workshop Program
- Mega College: Integrating “Rules of the Road”, Overcoming Juror Bias, “Reptile” and Damages from Case Intake to Trial
- Trial Advocacy College: Essentials of Civil Litigation
- Trial Advocacy College: Depositions or AAJ's Advanced Depositions College
- Trial Advocacy College: Rules of the Road
Specialized Trial Skills Colleges:
- Nursing Home
- Jazz Fest
- Litigating Nursing Home Cases
- Litigating Truck Collision Cases
- Medical Negligence/Failure to Diagnose/Litigating Catastrophically Injured Infants
- Mega Seminar: Overcoming Jury Bias, Rules of the Road, and Damages with David Ball, Ph.D.
- Microexpressions for Attorneys
- Mild to Severe Head Injuries/TBI
- THE PERSUASIVE EDGE: The Art of Communication and Influence with Eric Oliver
- Overcoming Juror Bias or Psychology of Persuasion
- Rules of the Road Seminar
- Weekend with the Stars
*Some additional coursework may qualify. If you have questions regarding a specific program, please contact AAJ Education at 202.965.3500, ext. 8612 or 800.622.1791. You may also e-mail your questions to email@example.com. Follow this link to view all trial skills colleges and seminarsUpon Completion of ASTA You Will Receive:
- A handsome, wood-framed certificate of achievement
- A commemorative ASTA engraved pin
- Acknowledgement on our AAJ Diplomates and ASTA Awardees page
- Acknowledgment in Trial magazine
- Acknowledgement at the AAJ Annual Convention the year you complete the ASTA Curriculum