The Paralegal Affiliates Membership Committee is currently accepting nominations for the Advocate Capital, Inc. / AAJ Paralegal of the Year Award. Click here to download the nomination form. Please submit your nomination via email or fax to Jennifer Rafter, Caucus Group Manager, at Jennifer.Rafter@justice.org or (202) 684-9585.
A candidate must be a Paralegal Affiliate of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) for at least one year to be eligible for nomination. Members of the Paralegal Advisory Task Force are not eligible for nomination.
A candidate must be nominated by an AAJ Attorney Member in good standing or by another AAJ Paralegal Affiliate.
- Contributions to the paralegal profession by:
- Teaching or tutoring paralegal students
- Speaking at seminars and conventions on issues concerning the profession
- Mentoring paralegal students
- Displaying commitment and providing services to professional organizations such as local and national paralegal associations.
- Writing articles for legal publications
- Commitment to continuing legal education
- Commitment to community through volunteering
The top candidates will be contacted for a phone interview with one of the judges.
Three AAJ paralegal affiliates and one attorney member from the Paralegal Advisory Task Force will be selected to judge the candidates. Judges will come to a consensus to determine the winner and runners-up.
SPONSORSHIP & PRIZES
The winner of the 2013 Paralegal of the Year Award will receive free airfare, hotel and registration to AAJ's 2013 Annual Convention in San Francisco, CA, July 20-24. This award is sponsored by Advocate Capital.